Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Last Weeks Food Pt.1

  These are some of the meals that I cooked for the family this last week.  I will admit that some of the week had a speckling of fast food (ugh, the salt!), but for the most part I at least cook the dinner meal. Here they are for anyone to enjoy.
Lobster Ravioli with a Caper Spinach Cream Sauce
Yes I bought the Ravioli, and from Costco no less, but this sauce was a perfect match.  It would also be wonderful on linguine or fresh pasta with a little Chicken or Seafood. Anyway, the point is that it is always up to you, spruce it up or play it down a bit. For a version that is a little more northwest you can sub in Nettles for the spinach.

In a hot saute pan I put a little drizzle of Olive Oil and 2T butter letting letting the milk solids brown. Then I add 1lg clove Garlic minced and toss or stir in the pan a little. Before the Garlic has time to brown I add 1T(heaping) Capers, 3 sprigs fresh Oregano stems removed and minced, a few fresh Sage leaves minces, S&P and crushed red pepper to taste and toss or stir. When the changed aroma hits me I throw in 2Cups Spinach chiffonade and incorporate completely with the other ingredients. I then pour 1/3Cup Cream and stir until cream thickens a bit. When I start getting a little impatient flip the pat of butter in and in a matter of seconds the sauce is thick and luscious.  A couple drops of Sherry, then a toss with the Ravioli. Plate the Rav, sauce the top, a little grated parm, and some minced fresh herbs and there it is!  

1 comment:

  1. mmmm sounds so tasty ! I like Pipped out food =0 ! Yummers .

    ReplyDelete